Thursday, May 12, 2005

Amor de lejos Amor de pendejos

The above title roughly translates to:

"Long distance love is the love of idiots"

I work at a non profit in the Latino community. Many of my co-workers are Latino. When I told one of them that I am currently in a long distance relationship he said that there are two old sayings regarding long distance relationships. The first one is "amor de lejos amor de pendejos" the second one is:

"Amor de lejos, los cuatro son felices./ In a long distance relationship there are four happy people "

The hardest days to be in a long distance relationship are days like today. Days when it is gray and rainy and all you want to do is stay in bed and be with the one you love and stare out the window and watch it rain. It is days like this that make me realize that I really miss him.

I'm sad now and I think that I am just going to go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow it will be sunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home