Thursday, July 28, 2005

I miss you and Pearl Harbor really sucked-parker and stone

If you love excessive product placement and over the top explosions then you’ll love The Island.

Yes, I saw The Island. It was hot and I needed a break from the unpacking that I am now doing. Basically, it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. In fact I just got done laughing about it a few minutes ago. I don’t really want to waste your time explaining all of the reasons I didn’t like it, I just want to warn you that it is a total waste of $8-$10. I know you have much better things to do with your money. To confess, I had only gone to see it to watch Ewan McGregor run around in tight pants for a couple hours. I hope you can forgive my digression, as a newly single woman sometimes you just need to do a bit of gawking.

In case you were wondering my dear Angelinos in the future there are still Johnny Rocket’s in Los Angeles.

What is up with the Hollywood Machine lately? Is everyone completely out of ideas? Has reality t.v. ruined our ability to think and imagine?

I have seen many articles lately about how box office sales are continuing to plummet and how once dvd sales and rentals used to save lagging profits, but now aren’t. You can blame Chinatown and dvd recorders all you want, but honestly has there been a movie that you have been excited to see lately? It has been a while for me too and I really haven’t seen a preview for anything that I want to see.

Here are the previews that preceded the film:
Carlitos Way prequel that will be shown on television. It kind of seems like it will be a series.
Beautiful people- a new television show.

A movie where beautiful people are killed by the natural elements called The Fog

An Al Pacino movie that looks truly awful called 2 for the Money

A movie with Cillian Murphy being creepy called Red Eye

Walk the line, Which I wouldn’t mind seeing because I am a music addict.

That movie where Reese Witherspoon is a nurse turned ghost that probably has the word heaven in the title Hey it does

Somebody please help me. I used to really like going to the movies. I can forgive the fact that I have to butter my own popcorn, just please someone come out with a movie I want to see.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Island exists to make money for people like Scarlett Jo so they can make smaller pics in between. The sad thing is that this is the kind of premise that producers think makes money. I would totally buy Scarlett Jo an ice cream though. She's worth the price of admission.

The Aristocrats (if your lovely Minnesotan sensibilities permit it) comes out this month plus Me and You and Everyone We Know is good. Broken Flowers with Bill Murray is out next month. That sicko Woody Allen's new one with the lovely Scarlett is getting good notes and the movie Scorsese is filming now has potential. There are many, many more that I'm not mentioning. If you look hard enough you can find good movies. Don't give up because if we don't go see the good ones then no one will make them (hardly anyone does now anyway).

I would never see a movie called Red Eye.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger lemon life said...

Thank you, I will try to check these out when/if they come to town.
Ms. Lemon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home