Thursday, July 07, 2005

THINK GLOBALLY ACT LOCALLY

I decided to start a new feature of my blog called…

LEMON LIFE’S ORGANIZATION OF THE MONTH

The organization I am going to feature for July is Yo! The Movement

What this organization does:
Yo the Movement is a nonprofit that that hosts and promotes safe events and happenings for youth in the Twin Cities.

Why I like it:
It is run by a lot of really great big hearted folks who put on really great events for kids as a positive alternative.

The staff is in various local Hip Hop groups that has helped put Minneapolis on the map as a Hip Hop force to be reckoned with.

The Annual Celebration of Hip Hop is basically put on by a staff of under ten people. I have a lot of respect for people who can do that.


How you can help:
It seems to me that the main source of revenue for this organization is the Annual Celebration of Hip Hop. Information is on their website.

Other:
I am not sure how else you can help. I will keep you updated. I am sure that you can probably just write them a check, but I am not sure if they are a program that has a different fiscal agent. (EXCEPT IF YOU ARE A DOCTOR FROM NIGERIA WHO IS SEEKING ASYLUM AND IN ORDER FOR YOU TO NOT PAY TAXES ON YOUR MONEY YOU MUST DONATE TO AN ORGANIZATION WHICH YOU WILL GIVE A CUT AFTER THEY PAY YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS)


I have been looking forward to going to their Hip Hop festival since last year’s where I saw Jean Grae and Cee-Lo (GREEN MOTHERFUCKER!) Unfortunately my sister is getting married the same weekend. So if you see some girl two feet from the stage in a bridesmaid dress that is me and say hello. I probably won’t be there so if someone would like to go as my emissary I’ll figure out a way to pay for your entrance and if you write a review or what you did and saw there send it to me and I can post it on Lemon Life.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Scholar said...

Ms. Lemon--ORGANIZATION OF THE MONTH is a great idea. I haven't seen anything that on another blog, so as always, you're keeping things fresh and relevant for your readers. Keep it coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home