Sunday, August 28, 2005

top 10

Surprisingly, my relatives did not ask why I was not married yet at my sister's wedding. I think that perhaps they have given up. Which isn't so bad, becasue it makes family functions less stressfull. If they would have asked me this is what my top answer would have been:

Because sometimes love just isn't enough. You need to feel respect and pride too. If someone compromises your pride in yourself and the self respect you have for yourself than love is not enough.

I am not someone who wants to be treated like a princess and who thinks that love is like the love songs on the radio I have been in too many relationships where I have been compromised to know that that is not how love is supposed to be.

I don't mean stupid compromises like having Star Wars action figures lining our living room. I mean that when you say really mean things about me like "It is people like me who start the Holocaust" and I start to cry, it shouldn't turn you on and in the midst of my sobbing you shouldn't undress me. You shouldn't use my quickness to cry when frustrated as a tool.

Not a stupid compromise to not be public about our relationship because it could get you fired because you are my manager at work, but that I shouldn't be upset that you deny your relationship with me (and in demeaning ways). I also shouldn't be upset that when we broke up the next girl at work gets to hold your hand and kiss you in the middle of the restaurant in front of the very people you were so afraid of while still seeing me on the side.

That is why I am not married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home